Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Example post for Week One: Due September 9


Three images from CURRENT exhibitions in big cities:




Men's shoes with camera hidden in heel
© National Museum of American History Photographic History, gift of The New York News

from the exhibition:

Exposed

Voyeurism, Surveillance and the Camera

Tate Modern 28 May – 3 October 2010
in London

I chose this image because it is beautiful. I like that the shoes are well worn. I like the way the shoelace falls. And I like the reflection in the black surface and the shine on the shoes.



http://www.moma.org/interactives/exhibitions/2010/originalcopy/intro05.html


Alfred Stieglitz (American, 1864–1946). Fountain (photograph of assisted readymade by Marcel Duchamp). 1917. Gelatin silver print, 9 1/4 x 7"

From the Museum of Modern Art NY exhibition: The Original Copy 1839 to today.

I selected this image because: Duchamp Rules! (despite what my mother says) and I like imagining the actual making of this image and thinking of Stieglitz and Duchamp having a conversation about this sculpture and this photograph.




http://web.guggenheim.org/exhibitions/exhibition_pages/haunted/#/appropriation


Bernd and Hilla Becher, Water Towers, 1980. Nine gelatine silver prints.

from the Guggenheim Museum NY exhibition:

Why did I choose this image? I chose this image because it reminds me of a personal experience from my youth that I don't want to post to this blog.

NOW, three images that I made recently:


Ms. Moneypenny and Natasha, Saturday August 21, 2010

I selected this image because it seems like a personal moment shared between two people (but I don't know them).



I picked this image because my friend Lauren set it up and asked me to take the photograph, so when I look at it I think of Lauren.


This is a photograph / snapshot of Lauren. August 21, 2010. I picked this image because it shows her having fun.



No comments: